Tuesday 1 January 2013

My First Blog - Hello



Hi, well I don't expect many people to read this apart from my friends but I suppose we all have to start somewhere.
I have created this blog to record and share my fishing moments through each year. It's nothing serious but a way for me to share my experiences and also for me to look back on to see how I improve at fly fishing.
Since injuring my back pretty seriously in 2011 playing cricket I had to give up the sport reluctantly so seriously started fly fishing. I have been fly fishing on and off since I was about 8 with my Dad Pete, I'd never had a lesson and was pretty much self taught-when I say self taught I mean, I taught myself to cast but when it came down to the technicalities of fly fishing I soon found out I knew as much about fly fishing as I did about cooking (not much). In this I mean that I soon found out that their is more than just tying a fly on a leader and lobbing it in a small stillwater.
It all started whilst I was off recovering from my back operation and 2 friends of mine who I met through my work in the wine and spirits industry told me of a fly fishing trip up to Islay off the west coast of Scotland. As I knew I'd have to give up cricket I needed to find a replacement sport to keep me out of trouble otherwise I would have just grown fatter and more bored. Anyway, I booked onto the week long trip with my 2 friends Wayne and Harrison and my dad and family friend Fred who also fishes.
To say I was looking forward to the trip was an understatement. I had eagerly bought myself a new rod and reel outfit and some other bits to get me going.
I will post a brief blog of my first Islay trip very soon.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment